Saturday 1 January 2011

Part 2...A mild summers afternoon

07/08/2005

I got up quite early, bemused, I was just like a zombie, had no thought processes going through my mind. It was his birthday today, he would have been 15. In a daze I took a stroll into the town centre to get him a birthday card, the card I chose had the picture of the grey scruffy bear, don't have a clue what they are called but it looked nice, not too flash and not too gay as he would of thought!!

Walking back from town I went a different route which took me past the school where it had happened, and was full of emotions. I looked towards the church, which was adjacent to the school, there was a wedding happening, a bloody wedding!  Not 2 days previous was a tragic accident. My whole body just tensed up as if I was about to punch someone. I carried on walking back home, still in a daze not taking much else in of my surroundings. Got home and showed my parents his card I got him and said it was a nice thought. I thought so too.

I don't remember much from here, work had given me just 2 weeks off work to cope with the grievance, I did go back to work but it was hardly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment