Wednesday 5 January 2011

Part 3. No date

I hate not being able to remember much, is absolute agony, maybe its my brains way of just being in shock and only remembering the things it wants too. Work was bearable, as much can be, even though 2 weeks is certainly not enough time off!!

Me and my parents went to where the accident happened, was in between two tall buildings, one thing shocked me was the outline of a silhouette drawn in chalk on the adjacent wall. My parents assured me that that wasn't for him. While we were there, a couple of girls were laying some flowers, I just looked at them, gormless, expressionless, what was I to show? A smile? A tear? A little smirk? Nope nothing, I'd just done what I thought was right and kept a straight face.

A day or so later I think, the 3 of us went to the hospital, to the morgue to be more specific, to see my brother one last time. We were shown by a nurse, I don't think she was too bad looking if I remember rightly!! But anyway, we were taken to a small building, which was deceiving as it was quite large inside. I followed in from behind, I didn't know what to expect, but as we drew nearer, we could see him, his poor body laying there like a piece of meat. We said a few words, gave him a little squeeze, like you do to comfort someone. His body was ice cold to the touch, his body was blue, it was horrible. When we were about to leave, I squeezed his toes, they were stiff, we kinda joked as if I was going to tickle his feet!

We drove home and that's about all I can recollect from then.

No comments:

Post a Comment